Gerber Life Insurance Products
Gerber offers several life insurance policies that are designed to cover children, adults and seniors. The majority of Gerbers insurance offerings are a form of whole life insurance, and these are their best policies. They also provide term life insurance, although we would recommend other insurers over Gerber for term policies.
Globe Whole Life Insurance
Purchasing Globe Life’s whole life insurance doesn’t require a medical exam, but you’ll answer questions about your health during the application process. Since the underwriting is limited, the death benefits are as well. But this can be sufficient if you’re looking for final expense coverage. Funeral costs typically reach about $10,000. Globe Life offers payouts between $5,000 to $50,000, mostly in increments of $10,000.
The cash value won’t be added to the death benefit, but it grows at a guaranteed rate over time. You can decide to borrow against the value of the policy or eventually surrender it.
You pay $1 in the first month after that, your premiums won’t change for the duration of the policy. But because you aren’t required to get a medical exam, premiums are significantly higher than if you purchased a policy from an insurer with full underwriting. That means no-medical-exam whole life insurance is only a good option if you know a medical exam would disqualify you from coverage with another insurer.
In New York, Globe Life’s whole life insurance payouts are more limited. They range from $1,000 to $25,000, depending on your age and gender.
Does A Globe Life Insurance Policy Offer The Protection Your Family Needs
Before you buy a life insurance policy either a no exam or a traditional policy you should first calculate your insurance needs.
Not having enough insurance protection could leave your loved ones with leftover bills and debts if you died unexpectedly.
Your policys death benefit should consider your existing debts and your annual income.
If you died, would your life insurance policy be able to replace your annual income? A standard policy should replace your income for 5 to 10 years.
Policyholders also want coverage to pay off existing debts such as mortgages, auto loans, private student loans, and credit card debt. If youre heavy on debt, youll want a larger death benefit.
The perfect size policy provides just enough coverage to protect your loved ones from losing ground financially as they recover from losing you.
Recommended Reading: Is Trustage Life Insurance Any Good
How Does Globe Compare To Other Companies
Globe Life insurance for children or grandchildren is good, but its not the best one on the market.
We analyzed the top childrens life insurance companies to compare them all against Globe Life.
Heres what we found
- Price: Globe isnt the cheapest, but they are among the lowest on the market. Both Globe and Mutual of Omaha unequivocally have the lowest cost for baby life insurance.
- Coverage: Globe lacks here. They max out at $30,000, while most other carriers offer up to $50,000 in coverage.
- Added benefits: Globe is on par with everyone else here. Like all other carriers, they guarantee insurability later in life and give you time for someone else to take over the payments should the policy owner die.
- Application process: Globe is equivalent to other companies here. They offer an online application that can be done relatively quickly. They also allow you to apply via a paper application through the mail.
- Age: This by far is the best thing about Globe. They accept children as old as 24. Most other companies cap out at age 17 for new applicants.
- Company reputation: This is one key area where Globe really falls short. Unfortunately, they have many complaints lobbied against them. No other companies have anywhere near the number of complaints that Globe Life has.
When you break it all down, you can see that Globe Life insurance isnt the best option when youre looking for life insurance for children or grandchildren.
Globe Life What Is The Bottom Line
Globe Life lives up to its promise of offering cheap life insurance, with some caveats. It offers term life insurance for adults and whole life insurance for children at rock-bottom prices, though your rates will go up every 10 years or so.
If you dont mind dealing with your insurance company over the phone rather than online or the hassle of renewing every few years, this company may meet your needs.
Is there anything youd like to know about Globe Life that we havent covered? Check out the FAQ below or leave us a comment.
Hopefully, this Globe Life insurance review provided everything you need to know. Ready to compare life insurance rates? Try our FREE quote tool today.
You May Like: Is Metlife Dental Good
Does Globe Life Run Commercials
Globe Life does advertise on television and has offered a range of commercials over the years.
Recently, Globe Life has produced life insurance TV commercials explaining why people choose this company to meet their life insurance needs. Current commercials emphasize consumers hopes for the future and how Globe Life insurance helps protect those hopes.
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Find Cheap Life Insurance Quotes In Your Area
- Coverage of funeral and other end-of-life costs
- Policies for children and adults of all ages
- Wide range of accidental death benefits
- Income replacement or large death benefits
- Term coverage over 5 years
- Healthy consumers
Globe Life offers whole life insurance, term life insurance with no medical exam and accidental death insurance. Read on to learn about each of these products and how Globe Life’s quotes compare.
If you’re looking for final expense insurance with limited underwriting, perhaps because you have a health issue, Globe Life offers a variety of products suited to this particular need. However, if you’re healthy or want a larger death benefit for income replacement once you pass, we recommend that you compare quotes from other insurers, as you’ll get better prices and a wider set of options elsewhere.
Globe Life only offers coverage with no medical exam so, if you’re healthy, you’ll pay higher rates for the same death benefit than you would at an insurer with full underwriting. In addition, their term life policies have a maximum term length of 5 years, so if you know that you want coverage for a longer period of time, you’ll pay higher premiums on average since the cost increases each time you renew coverage.
Don’t Miss: How To Obtain A Life Insurance License
Five Types Of Coverage With No Medical Exams
We publish unbiased product reviews our opinions are our own and are not influenced by payment we receive from our advertising partners. Learn more about how we review products and read our advertiser disclosure for how we make money.
Originally known as Torchmark, Globe Life was founded in 1951. It serves over 4.3 million policyholders and has $82 billion of insurance in force.
Offering term, whole, accidental death, mortgage protection, and childrens life insurance products, Globe Life is unique because none of its life insurance policies require medical exams. Instead, its underwriting process is entirely based on your application and health questions. For those who want life insurance without the hassle of scheduling and undergoing a medical exam, Globe Life may be an option for you.
- Pros and Cons
No waiting period for coverage
Coverage without a medical exam available
Significantly higher-than-average number of customer complaints
Increasing premiums on some policies
Guaranteed issue whole life policies not available
- Globe Life was formerly known as Torchmark.
- The company was founded in 1951 and is based in McKinney, Texas.
- Globe Life provides life insurance to over 4.3 million policyholders.
- The company offers whole and term life insurance policies that dont require medical exams.
- It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all policies.
Globe Life Insurance Customer And Claims Satisfaction
Reviews on Globe are generally positive. The company received an A rating from AM Best, although it was downgraded from A+ earlier in 2020. Additionally, Globe was rated 810/1,000 for overall customer satisfaction in J.D. Powers 2020 U.S. Life Insurance Study. Globe ranked second on the list of 23 individual life insurance companies, which is impressive.
Unfortunately, another prominent rating organization shows that Globe has poor customer service. The company has a score of 2.54 from the National Association of Insurance Commissions Company Complaint Index, which means the company has higher than average customer complaints. In fact, Globe has more than twice as many complaints as the industry average.
Globe life insurance policies come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If youre unhappy with your life insurance policy for any reason, Globe will give you a full refund.
Also Check: Do Parking Tickets Affect Car Insurance
What Are The Pros Of Globe Life Insurance
Youll want information about the pros and cons of any life insurance company youre considering. Here are some of the pros and cons of purchasing life insurance policies with Globe Life.
There are a few advantages to using Globe Life.
- Its cheaper than most life insurance companies.
- You can purchase life insurance for children.
- You dont have to have a medical exam.
Make sure to consider these advantages when making your decision.
Heres What Ive Learned Over The Years:
- Teaser Rates: Searching Globe Life Insurance online I found the page for adult term life and the first thing I saw was life insurance for $1. Im not an average consumer and I always question anything I can buy for $1. Heck, even gum at store costs more than a buck! Right away, knowing that I am not being told everything up front makes me wary. The questions I want answered are: The first month is a buck, so what happens the next month? And then what happens to the prices 5-30 years later? Are they level or do they go up every 5 years? If Im healthy and got a quote from some other carrier like Banner Life Insurance, how would Globe Life Insurance compare?
- Flexible Rates: I also noticed the prices are banded and increase on a 5-year schedule, so not only do they tease you with a $1 first-month price, but then the prices go up with age. Level term life insurance is a fixed cost for a minimum of 10 and maximum of 30 years and offered by over 100 other life insurance companies.
I felt that you were very honest and easy to work with. I really appreciated you letting me know the things that would help me get the best rates available. I will definitely let people know about you that are in the market for insurance. Chris
You can find $25k to $100k worth of coverage for the same cost as a $5-10k Globe Life Insurance plan.
A healthy consumer should know that buying life insurance without an underwritten application that requires a physical will cost you thousands of dollars.
You May Like: Getting Life Insurance License
The Pros And Cons Of Globe Life Insurance
- No Medical Exam: For consumers looking for coverage in a pinch, Globe does not require a medical exam as a condition of coverage for its policies.
- Affordability: Globe’s premiums for life insurance are among the most affordable in the industry, making this company a favorite with low-income consumers and young families.
- Policies for Children: It is hard to find an insurance company that offers adult and kid policies under the same umbrella, but Globe has just such an option. The whole life policy geared towards kids provides parents with a long-term insurance option for their little ones.
- Few Riders: Riders are ideal to customize an insurance policy, so the lack of options through Globe makes it hard for consumers to get exactly what they want.
- Lower Than Average Death Benefits: Compared to the industry average, Globe’s death benefit payout is fairly low, which is a drawback for some consumers.
How Globe Life Compares To Other Insurers
Globe Life offers only no-exam policies, while other companies either require exams or offer one no-exam option. Also, the companys $5,000 death benefit and five-year terms for term life policies are lower than other companies, ideal if you want basic coverage to pay small debts or end-of-life costs.
However, Globe Life could offer better value for coverage. Its policy death benefits are capped at $100,000, while other policies offer $250,000 or $500,000 payouts.
Also, Globe Lifes $100,000, 20-year term policy for a 30-year-old man costs $37, over double the average of $17 for a policy with $250,000 in coverage. Keep in mind that term policies with other companies typically require a medical exam.
Recommended Reading: Do Parking Tickets Affect Car Insurance
How We Review Life Insurance Companies
Our methodology for reviewing life insurance companies is based on a quantitative approach that analyzes each insurer’s stability and reliability, customer service, claims experience, diversity of product lines, and cost. We compare the terms of each type of policy offeredincluding available coverage amounts, optional riders, and premium payment optionswith those of other major life insurance companies. Lastly, we look at how the company is rated by third-party organizations to determine its reliability and overall reputation.
Why Buying Life Insurance Through Globe Life Isnt Your Best Option
According to Globe Life, they have 4.3 million policyholders. Thats a lot of Americans that may not have read the fine print on their cheap life insurance policy.
When you buy life insurance, you expect to get:
The same death benefit amount for the life of the policy
Premiums that dont increase until the term expires
Coverage that meets your needs, regardless of age
But at Globe Life, what you get is much different. Lets take a look at their term life insurance policy, for example.
At Globe Life, you only have to pay $1 for your first month of coverage. Your monthly rates after the first month are based on your current age, the state you live in, and how much coverage you choose.
Don’t Miss: Insurance Agent License Test
Globe Life Insurance Alternatives
If you are looking for Globe Life Insurance Reviews then it is most likely because you are shopping for the best price on life insurance. It is best if you call an independent life insurance agency like Direct Life Insurance Quotes .com.
With DLIQ you will be able to shop with over 60 life insurance carriers. If you only get in touch with just one company like Globe Life then you are limiting your options to just one company.
With our life insurance calculator you will be given access to numerous products from term life insurance to universal life insurance to whole life insurance. Every product has its own complications and you can get a better understanding here on our website as we can let you know about each company and the products that they offer.
You are able to save on insurance as you will be able to get the right company that will cater to your health and lifestyle.
For instance if you need to know the specific life insurance companies to choose from because you have diabetes, then you obviously so not want to choose just any company. Check here to find that right company and this is how they differ from the competition. Direct Life Insurance Quotes focuses on the niches that are available from the top life insurance companies.
Globe Life Insurance Young American Plan
The Globe Life Insurance Young American Plan is a whole life insurance policy that will protect a child for up to $25,000 in coverage that will also build up cash value within the policy. Unfortunately like their other products, this Whole Life Policy is overpriced and not worth the paper its written on.
Recommended Reading: State Insurance License Requirements
How Are Globe Lifes Ratings
Globe Life & Accident Insurance Company has an A+ A.M. Best Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best, which is the highest credit rating possible.
Globe Life has also received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau , which means there are few to no unresolved consumer complaints. However, its BBB listing currently includes three one-star customer reviews. In the companys defense, Globe Life has responded on the BBB site to all three of these complaints to try to get them resolved.
Standard & Poors is a business credit rating company that rates businesses on their financial stability and ability to pay back loans. This company has given Globe Life financial strength rating of AA- This means that Globe Life has some minor credit issues but is considered extremely likely to pay back its debts.
This is good news for policyholders. Companies that can pay their debts are unlikely to go bankrupt, which means that they will likely still be in business when your family needs to make a claim even if it is years from now.
Alternatives To Globe Life Insurance
While Globe is a well-known life insurance company, in my experience, the following companies can do better for most shoppers.
- AIG Direct A great option for just about any policy type due to their size and financial stability.
- Fidelity One of the top options for no exam and final expense policies.
- Haven Life They have the fastest turnaround for term life insurance. This includes no medical exam for many people under age 55. Get instant life insurance quotes online.
Don’t Miss: Does Dental Insurance Cover Bridges
Choice Mutual Can Help
As we said, to get the best burial life insurance, you need to work with an independent agency.
Even if you dont work with us, youll still get a pretty good deal as long as youre working with an independent who can shop the market for you.
That said, we highly encourage you to allow us to earn your business.
You simply will not find a more qualified reputable agency who can help you find a final expense policy.
Heres why we say that
Give us a chance to earn your business and we wont let you down. Call us at 1-800-644-2926.
One of our friendly agents will answer all your questions and find you the best policy for you.