What Do I Need To Get A Quote From Liberty Mutual
Getting a Liberty Mutual auto insurance quote online is easy to do. If your vehicle is registered to your address, simply inputting where you live will pull up your vehicles info. Then, you need to input information about the vehicles safety features, the make, model and year and estimated annual mileage.
With a little more personal info and a quick writeup on any accidents, violations or auto insurance claims you have had in the last seven years, you are on your way to getting your quote.
Pros & Cons Of Liberty Mutual
- Discounts. Liberty Mutual offers all sorts of discounts, including those for military service members, homeowners, and good students. Bundling your car insurance with home insurance, renters insurance, and even business insurance can save you money. Your car can also earn you a discount if its a hybrid or electric vehicle, if it has anti-theft technology, and if it has advanced safety features. You can also earn discounts for having an accident-free and violation-free history, purchasing a policy for multiple vehicles, and more.
- Keep your price for a year. Most insurers only offer 6-month auto insurance policies. After the 6-month policy expires, your insurance rate can increase for the next policy period. Liberty Mutual writes 12-month policies so policyholders can keep your rate the same for a full year.
- Can be more expensive if you dont want to enroll in programs. Liberty Mutual seems to rely heavily on its customers enrolling in the RightTrack program to earn a discount. If you dont want to enroll in the program, your quote may not beat competitor pricing.
Does Where I Live Impact Car Insurance Costs From Liberty Mutual
The answer is yes. The state where you live can significantly impact how much you pay for car insurance.
In addition, your driving history, credit history, and where you live locally can also affect rates. However, youre in luck if you live in California, Massachusetts, Hawaii, and Michigan. Read on to find out more.
Also Check: How Is Life Insurance Taxed
What Makes Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Stand Out
Heres what makes Liberty Mutual stand out from competitors:
- Affordable coverage for young drivers: Since teen motorists lack driving experience, they often pay some of the highest car insurance costs. Liberty Mutual offers several discount programs to help offset car insurance premiums.
- Several add-on car insurance options: Liberty Mutual provides several unique add-on options for drivers, including a lifetime repair guarantee, new car replacement insurance and better car replacement insurance.
- Strong industry ratings: In the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Insurance Shopping StudySM, Liberty Mutual scored third place behind State Farm and Farmers for large insurers.
About Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
Liberty Mutual is a more than 100 years old insurance company with solutions for every driver. This company is fifth-largest property and casualty insurance carrier in the U.S. based on its 2020 direct premiums written of $36.2 billion, according to the Insurance Information Institute. Drivers can use online tools and data to check the different types of policies and discounts available for their profiles.
Huge data of different types of coverage options for every driver.
Drivers can combine different types of discounts that are applicable to their profiles.
Multiple customization options are available.
Good for drivers who need SR-22 insurance to drive.
A digital tool that allows drivers to get quotations instantly.
Customer service department is not supportive.
Company is not available in all the states or cities of the country.
Drivers with old cars can not apply for car replacement add-on.
Surpasses the national average rates for teen drivers.
Quotes , Helping People to Save Money and Time.
Also Check: Do Home Insurance Companies Come To Your House
What Is Liberty Mutuals Right Track Program
The Right Track program is a telematics program, that is, a small device in-car that tracks ones driving habits.
Right Track is used jointly by Liberty Mutual and Safeco and includes four key elements:
- Hard breaking
- Time of Day
- Miles Driven
Liberty Mutual desires to reward good drivers through the Right Track Program and carves out discounts to lower your annual premium.
How much is it lowered?
Five percent for signing up and a permanent 30 percent discount for those who track their driving after a 90-day period.
What Impacts My Car Insurance Quote
Liberty Mutual is less expensive than some regarding DUI penalties, but they are not the cheapest. According to The Zebra, the average DUI penalty at Liberty Mutual increases your rates by $988. The highest is Allstate, with a $1,746 bump in rates. The lowest is Progressive, with a $400 rate increase.
Also Check: Does Insurance Cover The Car Or The Driver
Not Sure If Liberty Mutual Is Right For You Consider These Alternatives
- Farmers: Farmers has a higher J.D. Power score for auto claims satisfaction and home insurance. If youre looking for higher levels of customer satisfaction, you may want to research Farmers.
- USAA: USAA only writes policies for its members, which are limited to active duty military, veterans and qualifying family members, and caters specifically to their needs. The company won 2022 Bankrate Awards for auto and home.
- Allstate: Allstate offers several innovative programs, including Rate Guard, which can help your premium remain consistent, and the Claims-Free Reward program, which rewards customers for staying claims free when they renew their policy. If youre looking for unique ways to save, you may want to consider Allstate.
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Reviews: Conclusion
We rated Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance 4.5 out of 5.0 stars and have named it “Best for Teens”. Their nationwide availability, financial strength as a company, and comprehensive coverage options make it a great choice. Liberty Mutual customer reviews reinforce this with high ratings of their customer service and insurance processes. We recommend getting multiple insurance quotes to determine the best coverage for your needs.
Recommended Reading: What Does Deductible Mean In Car Insurance
This Company Will Make Money Off The
This company will make money off the dead if they have to. Liberty Mutual will not cancel a policy when presented with a death certificate. There was no lien on the vehicle or home. It is not their job to make sure insurance is consistent. They would not back date insurance to date of death, and still expected to get paid for a policy that is null and void at that time. They will fabricate invoices to make sure they get paid. I received an email informing me of a refund, but when the statement came in the mail it said I owed them money. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR LOVED ONES. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON
How We Make Money
The offers that appear on this site are from companies that compensate us. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site, including, for example, the order in which they may appear within the listing categories. But this compensation does not influence the information we publish, or the reviews that you see on this site. We do not include the universe of companies or financial offers that may be available to you.
Recommended Reading: What Is Home Burglary Insurance
What Is Liberty Mutual Better Car Replacement
Liberty Mutual offers Better Car Replacement coverage that you can add to your Liberty Mutual car insurance policy for an additional cost. In the event that your car is totaled, Better Car Replacement gives you adequate coverage to replace your car with one that is one model year newer than yours with 15,000 miles less than the one you have. This can provide a huge peace of mind, especially for customers who drive in heavy traffic on daily commutes where accidents are more likely to happen.
How To Contact The Customer Care Department At Liberty Mutual
- The company urges its customers to use their website portal to contact the customer service department directly. Their website has separate sections for different issues, you will get your solution instantly.
- You can dial customer service number: 1-800-290-8711 And
- the final option is the Billing Address: Liberty Mutual Insurance Group Personal Market RPC PO Box 1604 New York, NY 10116-1604
Also Check: What Coverage To Get For Car Insurance
Is Liberty Mutual Right For You
One of Liberty Mutual’s strengths is in its coverage options for auto insurance. Depending on your driving habits and needs, you may find additional features that other insurers don’t provide. However, the insurance company doesn’t have a strong track record with customer satisfaction, so keep that in mind.
Liberty Mutual’s coverage options, benefits and rates can vary based on a variety of factors, including where you live. As such, it’s important to shop around and compare what the insurer has to offer with other insurance companies in your area.
Insurance coverage availability, discounts, limits and other details may vary by state and other factors.
Your Complaint Case Number Is 17332664
Your complaint case number is 17332664. If you provided an email address, you will receive an email with a link to your case within approximately 48 hours. You may click here to print a copy for your records. BBB acts as an impartial third party between you and the business in an effort to resolve your complaint.Feedback from consumers is vital to BBB. We appreciate your willingness to report this information to us. We look forward to helping you and the business work toward a resolution.
Recommended Reading: Which Credit Card Offers Best Travel Insurance
How To Make A Car Insurance Claim With Liberty Mutual
Filing a claim to Liberty Mutual is easy: you can do so by logging in to your online account and answering some questions. Youll need to provide the date of the incident and a brief description of what happened. You can also file a claim through the mobile app. If the company needs more information to process your claim, a claims representative will contact you directly.
Cheap Car Insurance Rates
Now that weve looked at ratings and the esteem of Liberty Mutual based on its employees and external parties of high caliber, its time to get down to business to see just how Liberty Mutual stacks up against its competitors.
Because lets face it, paying high rates for car insurance is nobodys dream.
How Much Is Liberty Mutual Car Insurance
How much Liberty Mutual auto insurance costs depend on a variety of factors. Below are how Liberty Mutual determines your rates:
- Age: As you get older, you are generally less likely to be involved in a car accident, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Liberty Mutual uses your age to determine an appropriate premium.
- Location: Where you live has a lot to do with your risk. From how many cars are on the road to the elements you might encounter, Liberty Mutual takes all of this into account.
- Type of car you drive: Some cars are more expensive to insure. The company looks at the cost of replacement parts, age, and safety features on your vehicle.
- Driving history: If you have a good driving record and no tickets, you can expect a lower premium.
On top of these personal criteria, some other factors increase auto policy premiums in general, including:
- Spike in distracted driving incidents
- More drivers on the roads
- Higher auto repair costs
- Higher medical costs
Of course, the coverage dictates the cost, too. Minimum liability coverage will be cheaper than having additional coverage like comprehensive and collision.
We surveyed 1,000 customers on their experiences with a variety of car insurance companies. About 28 percent of respondents said cost was the most important factor in choosing a company, and this was the most popular answer.
Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance Reviews: Conclusion
In this article, Liberty Mutual auto insurance received 8.8 out of 10.0 stars by our review team based on the same categories used to assess all car insurance providers. We also included a complete guide to Liberty Mutual, providing in-depth information on the companys auto and home insurance cost, coverage and reviews.
Also Check: How Many Life Insurance Can A Person Have
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Cost And Discounts
Liberty Mutual insurance costs are average in comparison to those of competitors. It can be more expensive for some drivers, but it may be one of the most affordable options for younger drivers due to the companys range of car insurance discounts.
Our team got a quote from Liberty Mutual for $215 per month for a full coverage policy. This quote was for a 26-year-old driver who owns a 2018 Honda Accord and drives 12,500 miles per year. The cost for this policy comes out to $2,580 a year, which is higher than the national average of $1,730.
Heres a closer look at how Liberty Mutual rates compare to leading national providers.
Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Price Comparison
We analyzed premiums reported by EverQuote users with good driving records to see how prices compare between Liberty Mutual and other insurers. Here’s how it compares with the four cheapest insurers in our analysis.
|For drivers who are required to show proof of auto insurance to their state|
Recommended Reading: Are Natural Disasters Covered By Travel Insurance
Average Liberty Mutual Credit History Rates
Your credit history is one of the commonly known factors that companies utilize when establishing your rates. Who offers the lowest change for good to poor credit? Who offers the highest?
Looking at the data table, while Liberty Mutual has the highest figures all around, they are third to last in rate change when going from good to poor credit.
State Farm and USAA are first and second highest at 127.72 percent and 102.65 respectively.
The cheapest? Travelers , followed by Progressive .
What Are The Home Insurance Discounts Offered By Liberty Mutual
- Multi-Policy Discount: Having more than one policy with Liberty Mutual could qualify you for additional savings.
- Claims-Free Discount: Liberty Mutual offers savings on a new home policy if customers have not filed a claim with their previous insurance company for at least five years.
- Protective Devices Discount: Homes with protective devices such as smoke alarms, deadbolts, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, burglar alarms or sprinklers are eligible for a discount from Liberty Mutual.
- Newly Purchased Home Discount: Liberty Mutual offers savings to anyone who has recently purchased a home.
- Safe Homeowner Program: Liberty Mutual customers who remain claims-free for three years are eligible for a discount on their home insurance premium.
- Early Shopper Discount: If you request a quote from Liberty Mutual before your policy with another carrier expires, you could be eligible for savings.
- Insured to Value Discount: If you insure 100 percent of the costs to replace your home, Liberty Mutual may offer you a discount.
- New/Renovated Home Discount: Liberty Mutual offers customers special savings for homes recently built or those that recently have undergone a substantial renovation.
Recommended Reading: Does Travel Insurance Cover Expired Passport
Mutual Auto Insurance Reviews: Auto Insurance Coverage And Policies
Its critical to know what car insurance coverage you want and what youre required to acquire while shopping for car insurance.
To operate a car in most jurisdictions, you must have auto insurance, while minimum coverage requirements vary by state.
This usually covers liability insurance as well as coverage for uninsured and underinsured motorists.
Full coverage insurance may be of interest if you desire extra safety. Full coverage is a combination of coverage categories such as liability, collision, and comprehensive insurance, rather than a single policy.
However, the most popular types of auto insurance coverage and how they work are listed below.
|Repair expenses from traffic-related accidents, regardless of whos at fault.||A car loan or lease may require it.|
|Comprehensive coverage||Repair costs from events outside of your control including weather events, hitting an animal while driving, theft, and vandalism.||A car loan or lease may require it.|
Geico: Best Overall Provider
Geico is another auto insurance company with a sterling reputation and strong name recognition, and it backs it up with quality service. With an A+ rating from the BBB and an A++ financial strength rating from AM Best, Geico can be trusted to offer consistently excellent service.
In several states, Geico is one of the cheapest car insurance choices available for many drivers, making it an easy choice for coverage. The companys competitive premiums, quality service, and financial stability led us to name Geico the Best Overall Provider in our Geicoinsurance review.
You May Like: Does Doordash Offer Health Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance Discounts For Young Drivers
We chose Liberty Mutual auto insurance as the best car insurance for young drivers. The CDC states teenagers are three times more likely to be in a fatal crash than drivers over the age of 20. And, a teens crash risk is the highest within the first month of obtaining a license.
As a parent, youll do anything to protect your child. That means extensive coverage at a reasonable price. After all, teen drivers can significantly increase the price of your policy.
Liberty Mutual offers several discounts for families with teen drivers to enhance their insurance policies.
- Good Student Discount: Teens with a B average or better can get an additional discount.
- Away at School: Get additional savings if your kids are in college but only use their car when they return home.
- Alumni and Professional Affiliations: Get 10 percent off your policy if you belong to one of more than 14,000 employers, alumni associations, and professional associations.