Will You Be Covered If Youre Travelling During The Covid
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you’re covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination – check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Did you know? An air ambulance from Dubai to the UK would cost approximately £40,000.
Choose the experts in specialist travel insurance since 2000.
Freephone our UK Call Centre and our expert consultants will help you find the right holiday cover for Dubai in minutes.
Or start your quote online to compare up to 61 prices.
Travel Insurance For Dubai
Travel insurance for Dubai from India is one plan you must consider buying before you travel to the Middle East. Located in the Arabian Gulf, Dubai is one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in the world, one that is widely renowned for its hospitality and tourism. The city is home to people from over 200 nations and is a true confluence of cultures, trade, and leisure. Adorned with idyllic beaches and international landmarks, Dubai effortlessly combines old-world charm with modern luxury.
From beach lovers to desert admirers, there is something for everyone who visits this traditional yet distinctly advanced centre of civilisation. Visiting Dubai should be on your bucket list, and you should secure this unique experience with travel insurance in Dubai.
The key benefits of a travel insurance Dubai plan
- Travel assistance
- Cover for accident and illness
- Cover against personal liability
- Assistance in the event of the loss or delay of baggage
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance Dubai plan
Customers With More Serious Pre
When you declare medical conditions on our website, well only show quotes from insurance providers who will cover all declared medical conditions, with no exclusions.
MoneyHelper has launched a directory of insurance providers who may be able to provide quotes over the phone if you have more serious medical conditions. Find more information at MoneyHelper or by calling them on 0800 138 7777.
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Clear Choice Dentistry Cost
United Arab Emirates Travel Insurance Requirements
Travel insurance is required to visit the United Arab Emirates. The required medical coverage can vary depending on a travelers itinerary. Certain areas of the UAE require medical travel insurance of some sort however, there is not a specific amount of coverage needed. However, to visit Dubai, travelers need at least $100,000 in Emergency Medical coverage and at least $50,000 in Medical Evacuation.
The Emergency Medical benefit of travel insurance can reimburse travelers for the costs of medical treatment in the event of an illness or injury during their trip. This includes physician services, ambulance expenses, and other costs of treatment.
The Medical Evacuation benefit can transport a traveler to the nearest adequate hospital in the event of a medical emergency. If the treating physician determines the traveler should return home for better treatment, this benefit can also cover those costs.
Travelers must also show a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of their flight departure. Post-arrival Covid testing is also required as well as health screening at the airport upon arrival.
Whats Covered With Our Travel Insurance To Dubai
As standard, cover to Dubai will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, weve put together some important information that we think youll want to know before your trip to Dubai.
|Official language||Arabic, but English is widely spoken|
|Country||Dubai is a city with the United Arab Emirates|
Peak season: November to March
This is also Dubais winter, but is actually the most comfortable time to go. Dubai summer makes days at the beach next to impossible with around 40-degree heat and 90% humidity people spend as little time outside as possible.
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
You May Like: Banfield Active Care Plus Cost
Tips For Choosing Best Travel Insurance Plan
Since there are various travel insurance plans available online, it may become difficult to select the best and most suitable one. To ease this process, we are mentioning here some tips that can help you select the best travel insurance policy:
- Affordability of the Premium: The premium of any insurance policy, for sure, plays a major role in the selection of a travel insurance policy. Therefore, check the premium and make sure the coverage that the policy offers justifies it.
- The Credibility of the Insurance Company: The goodwill and positive reviews of the company play a major role while making a selection.
- Hassle-Free Buy, Renew, and Claim Settlement Process: Select a travel insurance company that offers convenient methods to buy, renew, and settle the claim.
- Travel Destination: Make sure that your travel insurance policy is covering the travel destinations of your choice.Moreover, the travel destinations that you want to cover affect the premium as well. Travelling to countries where the medical expenses are high cost more premium.
- Travel Duration: The duration of the travel affects the premium too. An insured has to pay a higher premium for journeys with a long duration. So, make a selection accordingly.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: Select an organization that has a good claim settlement ratio. A claim settlement ratio or claim settlement percentage tells a lot about the company and its reputation, so dont rely on an insurer without checking the claim settlement ratio.
Health Declaration Costs Form
Tourists are currently required to sign two forms before boarding the plane to Dubai. One form declares that you agree to bear all costs if the need arises to quarantine or seek treatment for COVID19. Tourists also have to sign a health declaration form. Additionally, all airlines reserve all rights to refuse entry to any individual displaying COVID19 symptoms.
Also Check: Does Aspen Dental Take Delta Dental Insurance
Do I Need A Visa For Dubai
You will require a visa to enter Dubai and you can obtain one when you arrive into the UAE. The visa should allow you to stay in Dubai for up to 30 days, but will be automatically terminated once you leave the country. Should you be coming and going on business trips, you may need to get a new visa each time.
You must have a work permit if you are coming to Dubai for a job or even if you are planning on doing odd-jobs to fund your stay. Find out more about entry requirements from the FCDO.
Based On Geographical Border
- Domestic Travel Insurance Plans: Local, domestic or inbound travel insurance in Dubai ensures your safety when you are travelling within the UAE or Gulf countries. The benefits included are almost the same as any other travel insurance in UAE such as personal belongings cover, baggage and flight delay cover, emergency medical expenses etc.
- International Travel Insurance Plans: This type of travel insurance plans is applicable all over the world in all counties, depending on the coverage span of the insurance company. The cover includes all basic things like medical expenses, luggage delay or loss, loss of personal items, etc.
- Schengen Travel Insurance Plans: Schengen travel insurance is a special type of travel insurance that is applicable on travels to the Schengen group of countries only. A Schengen group is a group of 26 European countries that function under one jurisdiction with no passport or border control. So, you need one visa to travel to all 26 countries and the Schengen special travel insurance.
You May Like: Can I Get Sr22 Insurance Without A Car
Medical Services In The United Arab Emirates
The healthcare system in the UAE has improved substantially in the last decade. Dubai has recently made it a law that all employers must provide healthcare to their employees free of charge. Consultation and some care are free to nationals and expatriates may receive subsidized medical service and easy access to facilities. However, it is generally recommended that visitors obtain UAE travel insurance to enter the country.
UAE travel insurance is mandated for certain visas. If you dont need a visa or you can get a visa on arrival, you are not required to have travel insurance. But getting travel insurance for the UAE will cover you if you wind up in a sticky situation like a medical emergency.
All people residing in the UAE, citizens and expats, are required by law to have health insurance. Citizens living in the emirate of Dubai who are not covered by any other insurance have access to the program Saada. The emirate also requires employers to provide health insurance for resident expatriates, but not their dependents. Abu Dhabi covers its citizens through the Thiqa program employers are required to provide health insurance for resident expatriates and their dependents .
Do I Need Travel Insurance For Dubai
Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates, where the government has made it mandatory to have travel insurance that includes Covid-19 cover if youre an international visitor travelling there. Travel insurance with medical cover can help protect you and pay the costs involved if you need emergency treatment or transport home if you fall ill or have an accident while youre away.
Dubai also offers a growing number of adventure activities both in and out of the city. These are usually safety-conscious and well-organised, however its important to make sure that you are covered on your travel insurance to take part in them.
If you want an extra level of cover, discuss it with your insurer. You may also be covered for activities but only under certain circumstances for instance, you may only be covered to cycle if you are wearing a helmet and do not travel above certain elevations.
If youll be doing extreme activities while youre there, such as quad biking in the sand dunes, its likely youll need more cover than a standard travel insurance policy provides to account for the potentially higher risk. Compare the add-ons available from different insurers to make sure you can get enough cover in place.
Also Check: What Does No Change Fees Mean On Travelocity
Best Time To Visit Dubai For Indian Citizens
If you havent yet planned out your dates of travel, you might want to consider the weather conditions, local events, tourist activities and a lot more before you freeze on your travel dates. Like most countries in the Middle East, the summers arent really a recommended time of the year. This is because the temperatures can be scorching hot, limiting you from lots of outdoor activities.
However, the months between November to April are a great time to visit, owing to the pleasant weather conditions and a host of events and festivals that are at its peak during this time.
If youve already confirmed on your dates of travel for the summer season, fret not! There are tons of activities for the summer babies as well. Right from the water parks, the beautiful beaches and resorts, an array of water sports, and the famous Ski Dubai at the Mall of the Emirates, where you can try your hand at skiing and friend some penguins too! Dubai never fails to surprise. Theres something to do for just about anyone.
Note: Since the UAE is a Muslim country, Ramadan is widely practised and currently falls during the summer season. Due to this, a lot of timings and activities may differ, such as a lot of restaurants only start serving food after sunset . You may want to check on the dates and details based on this and make plans accordingly.
Buying Overseas Travel Insurance For Indians Visiting Dubai Is Important
Source: A true life incident that happened in Dubai on March 15th 2019
On March 14th 2019, Indian parents travelled to Dubai to visit their son. Even though overseas travel involves health risks, this couple sadly did not take it up seriously. Unfortunately the father of the Indian expat became breathless the moment he arrived in Dubai. He became critical the following morning and was admitted to the hospital. The father was diagnosed with severe lung infection resulting in gangrene in his left arm leading to amputation. A series of medical tests was conducted and treatment was given leading to huge medical bills up to 100,000 Dh.
This caused huge financial trauma to the Indian expatriate as they didnÃ¢â¬â¢t have travel insurance. He in fact had to take money from friends, relatives and also two months advance salary from his company. All his life savings was over by now by paying the bills. It was very kind of the hospital to waive a few bills. All this could have been avoided if the Indian couple had bought adequate overseas travel insurance for his senior citizen parents visiting Dubai.
Recommended Reading: Does Car Insurance Cover Broken Window
Is A Travel Insurance Compulsory For Indians Traveling To Dubai Uae
No, a travel insurance isnt compulsory for Dubai yet. However, it will always benefit you during unfortunate and unpredictable situations such as flight delays, medical emergencies, baggage delay/loss, adventure sports and a lot more.
Spending a little on an international travel insurance is always wiser than bearing huge losses during emergencies.
Additionally, if youre an adrenaline junkie with lots of adventure sports planned for the trip, its preferred that you have an insurance in place.
Natural Disasters & Climate
Flash floods occur in dry river beds and canyons , most frequently in winter.
Humidity and heat are most severe during the hot season, from June to September. Know the symptoms of dehydration and heatstroke, both of which can be fatal.
Sand and dust storms occur regularly and may lead to difficult driving conditions and a deterioration of the air quality.
Period of severe fog can hinder transportation and visibility, especially during the months of winter.
- Exercise caution, particularly while driving a motor vehicle
- Expect travel delays
You May Like: Cost For Car Insurance Calculator
Entry Information For Indian Citizens
All Indian nationals travelling to Dubai must have a valid passport as well as a pre-approved visa. It is also advisable to purchase and carry a valid travel health insurance policy before travelling to Dubai. Indian nationals who wish to travel to Dubai must apply for a visa in advance online.
Here are the types of Dubai visas available for Indian citizens:
- A visit visa valid for a 48-hours visit
- A visit visa valid for a 96-hours visit
- A short-term single entry tourist visa valid for 30 days from arrival at Dubai
- A short-term multiple entry tourist visa valid for 30 days from first entry in Dubai
- A long-term single entry tourist visa valid for 90 days from arrival at Dubai
- A long-term multiple entry tourist visa valid for 90 days from first entry in Dubai
COVID Guidelines: All passengers arriving at the Dubai International Airport have to undergo a Covid-19 test upon arrival. The international borders of Dubai are presently closed to Indian nationals except for the ones who hold a UAE residence visa.
Dubai Visa Information And Entry Information
The documents required for applying to a pre-arranged visa are as follows.
- The colour photograph of the applicant
- The colour copy of the passport of the applicant that should be valid for at least three months
From May 1st, 2017 onwards, the following category of individuals are eligible for a 14-day visit visa on arrival in Dubai for a fee of AED120. The aforementioned stay can be extended to an additional 14 days for a fee of AED250.
- Indian citizens with a passport valid for six months or above from the date of arrival
- Individuals holding a green card or a visit visa issued by the designated U.S.A. authority, which is valid for a minimum period of six months
- Residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union
- From April 29th, 2016, GCC residence permit holders are required to apply for a visa before visiting the UAE.
From July 7th, 2020, all travellers arriving at Dubai with a pre-approved visa are required to carry the following documents with them.
- A health declaration form
- A quarantine undertaking form
- A valid travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses for the duration of the visit
- It is also advisable for visitors to Dubai to have valid travel insurance Dubai plan that covers medical expenses. As an Indian citizen, you must consider buying travel insurance for Dubai from India. You can also book a PCR test from authorised centres in Dubai.
Recommended Reading: American Income Life Mlm
Dubai Travel: Safety And Precautionary Measures To Be Undertaken
- Protect your belongings, particularly in crowded places and tourist hubs.
- Use official commercial means of transport and avoid seeking private help.
- Do not consume alcohol if you are under the age of 21 years.
- Do not consume alcohol in public places as the act violates the laws of the UAE.
- Keep your passport safe at all times.
- Respect the countrys laws and regulations.
- Avoid travelling to unfamiliar or remote areas, particularly during the night.
- Do not participate in any unlawful activities.
- Do not violate public decorum through your words, actions, or a combination of the two.
- Choose from the best travel insurance for Dubai to financially safeguard yourself against accidents and medical emergencies.
General Safety Tips And Staying Healthy In The United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates is a relatively safe travel destination. Most incidents arise from either cultural differences or the weather, both of which can be managed with the appropriate knowledge and preparation.
The UAE is a subtropical desert. The country typically experiences very hot summers, with the highest temperatures in July and August, and fairly dry, mild winters. The country rarely receives rainfall making dust storms a hazard, although when rain occurs, flooding can also be an issue.
Heatstroke is one of the most common issues travelers to the UAE experience. Be sure to drink plenty of water. However, you should avoid drinking tap water or beverages containing ice made with tap water, because it may be contaminated with bacteria or other impurities. Bottled water or carbonated beverages in a can will be the safest choice to drink.
Due to the hot climate, tourists are often tempted to wear loose-fitting, casual clothing. Dress codes in the UAE are closely tied with religious views and even the legal system. Men should dress conservatively and show very little skin. Women should follow the same rules to a greater extent, making sure not to show bare shoulders, knees, legs, or arms.
Recommended Reading: Is American Income Life Insurance A Pyramid Scheme